Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweater Vests

Sweater-vests are so cool

I wear them all the time,
Yeah,
Even at school.

So, I’m a tool
What of it?
You think you’re so nifty
Well, you don’t look so thrifty
So kick me,


A little boy just screamed:
“Ew, he licked me! He licked me!”

Johnny, stop it
Don’t lick anyone
That’s rude
Calm it down a bit
Don’t intrude
on my bliss

Well hey now,
     Check out those wrists
But you can’t top this

Check it with a plane white tee
I’ll dress it up
with a button down
So will you PLEASE

                  Look at me!
No, I said
                     Look at me!

I’m like a four year old
learning my ABCs
I’m so proud
You could spot me in the crowd

But it’s only because
sweater vests are so cool
Don’t look at me like I’m a fool
It’s the fashion key
Just wait.
You’ll see

This has been my one and only attempt at slam poetry.  Having recently graduated from boarding school, I rocked the sweater vest on occasion and found them to be quite fashionable though my classmates would most likely disagree.  Anywho, give me some feedback or send in your own!  Slam poetry is serious fun.  Try it out!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity

 Each  and every  day we grow older Our wrinkles grow deeper Our hair thins greys and falls out Each  and every  day We grow My heart aches ...